New Batman Movie Promotion

|

The people who's job it is to promote the upcoming Batman movie, The Dark Night, are trying their hand at some viral marketing. They have put up a sample of a Gotham newspaper, The Gotham Times. There's a mock campaign website for Harvey Dent for District Attorney. Finally, the website I find most interesting is the mock "drudge report" style blog, the Maiden Avenue Report.

Normally I find these types of marketing campaigns to be boring and pointless. (see Cloverfield) However, I really like this one. Without seeing the movie I'm not sure how much information we're being given that we won't find out in the movie. That being said, there's no way we'd have the level of detail we're being given in those sites.

The newspaper, blog, and campaign sites are giving us almost a play by play of how Harvey Dent gets to be a District Attorney. Based on summaries of the movie and my knowledge of Harvey Dent, I'm guessing that he'll already be D.A. once the opening credits are done. That would mean that we're really seeing story and background revealed. To me that makes it more than simple marketing\advertising and crosses into story telling on the web -which I find cool and interesting because I think that it would qualify as a commercial Blog Fiction.

1 Comentário:

Blog of Innocence said...

Just wanted to say. I love your site and I linked you to my blogroll. Thanks.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Blog Fiction | Template Blue by TNB