Better Google Rank with Blogspot?

|

Just as an addendum to yesterday's discussion about blog fiction and search engines. If you are still interested in getting traffic from search engines there's something I noticed. If you want quick traffic to your blog you may want to use blogger. The evidence is anecdotal at best, but enough to consider.

I had Terran Resistance up for months before it started showing up in searches other than "Terran Resistance". However, this blog, almost immediately - as in within a week - I started getting search engine traffic. Since blogger is owned and run by google, it makes me wonder if google somehow favors blogger sites.

There are, of course, other plausible explanations. Perhaps this blog was more "google friendly". Or the keywords were better. Maybe it got backlinks quicker so that it went up in importance. Even with those other possible explanations, it still seems damn odd that the difference is a week vs months. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

Update: It appears that at least one other person has speculated on this phenomenon.

2 comments:

Flash said...

I have noticed this with a rival blog of mine. I chose to put up my own domain name but the rival blog at blogspot gets No.1 spot in google for many searches on the topic.

The only reson why I am bitter about this is that the rival blog is a MFA (Made For Adsense) blog with no useful content what-so-ever.

I produce quality posts everyday as you can see for yourself here http://www.thefruittree.info but the number one spot goes to some useless blogger who puts totally useless content up every 4 months or so. http://fruity--loops.blogspot.com

Game on I say. Lets see how long this blog lasts until I wipe it out!!

Dustin said...

That sucks dude. I don't blame ya for being bitter.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Blog Fiction | Template Blue by TNB