70%? Is Amazon Crazy?

|

When I first heard that Amazon was setting up to stream any blog's rss feed to the new kindle, My initial reaction was ecstatic. I though that this would be perfect for Blog Fiction, or any online fiction. Then I read the fine print.

  • Amazon sets the price.
  • Amazon takes 70% of the revenue and only 30% goes to the blogger.
  • Amazon will not allow any blogger placed ads.
I can't make the decision for other writers, however, as far as I'm concerned, Amazon can go jump in a river.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I heard about this and got all excited too. Then I read about the terms and was put off. I wasn't alone - most of the writers I talked to about this said exactly the same thing.

I think if all you're after is exposure and you don't care about getting paid, then fine - it's another route to a market. But if you're hoping to make any kind of income from it, why bother jumping through Amazon's hoops to receive a pittance?

There are better ways to make money from blogging, and I'm not keen on Amazon reserving the right to publish the RSS feeds on other mobile devices. No thanks, I'll stick with what I've got.

Dustin said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I'd almost rather just give it away for free just for the free promotion.

שולה מגידו said...

could you suggest a good alternative?
thanks
shula

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Blog Fiction | Template Blue by TNB