Blog Fiction and Blogrush

|

The concept of BlogRush is simple enough. Every time someone loads up a page on your blog, BlogRush will show 5 random blogposts from other bloggers. In exchange, someone looking at a different blog will see the title of your latest post. The more visitors to your blog, the more your posts show up on other's. There's other factors to determine how often your blog's posts are shown, but I won't get into that. You can read about it yourself.

As for driving traffic to your site it's decent. On this blog I get one or two visitors every other day. For Terran Resistance it's less. More like 1 or 2 a week. I have to assume I'll get more once the blogs themselves get more traffic. Considering the low traffic of this blog and even less for Terran Resistance it's worth my while considering it's a free service.

I'm still experimenting with it to see if I can get more or better traffic. And by "better", I mean letting people know what to expect when they click a post title. For instance, if I a post title is called "Engine Test" people might think it's about cars or search engines. When I have some time I'd like to see if I can somehow slip the word "story" or "blog fiction" into my blogrush feeds so that people know what they're clicking on. Right now the only targetting is that I put the Blog under the "writing and literature" category so it'll only show up on other "writing and literature" blog sites.

The best part of the service is if you're just starting out you'll get "bonus" credits which means that even though your blog is new with no traffic you'll get "free" views. Bottom Line: There's probably no downside to picking up this widget and putting on your Blog Fiction site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Blog Fiction | Template Blue by TNB